View Single Post
Old 07-17-2014, 08:02 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
My temps have swung from 79 to 89 daily for a summer. My salinity has hit 1.030 for a month. I've got rusted hose clamps in the sump going on 4 years. I've put my arms in the tank while covered in paint/oil/asst muck. I left lights on 48 hours. My skimmer shut off for 2 weeks. My CO2 tank drained into the room over a 6 hour period. I've used tap water without regard for chlorine. I test annually, needed or not.
All these things and many more, and the tank was rock solid. An established tank, and even a new tank well tended, are very rugged things.
theres a few on your list i do reguarily , like work the other day i was working on my bike changing its chain full of grease and i stepped into the room for a break just to see a frag knocked over i reached right on in there to put it baqck in place lol didnt think about it at the time but could have been the last day of my system

ok so you all may remember me posting last year or year before about the dumb mistake i made? well basically i laid my 5g bucket of coral rx dip after use right next to the 5g bucket of ATO water , went away and came back later to realize that the tank needed a top up and bam ....5seconds later i ralized i just made a huge mistake...dumped the bucket of coral rx right into my sump lol

i did the usual freak and pull hair while cursing , i kicked the sump i believe in an attempt to turn back time lol anyways no negative effects , infact all algae dided shortly afterwards....ive kinda always wanted to do it again lol