View Single Post
Old 11-28-2011, 04:31 AM

Mosswa is on a distinguished road
Default New Tank issues, Please help.

Hello there,

So I have had my new freshwater aquarium for a week and a half, and I got all excited and now I have 2 guppy's, 2 mollies, 2 corydoras, 1 gold fish, 1 small crayfish, and 5 molly babies, that she had. (sorry on spelling)

Its a 30Gallon tank and every fish seems to be doing well still..

My nitrate and nitrite levels were really high after a week of the fish in there so I changed 20% of the water, and the tank is still really high on these.

I have been using a Cycle additive as directed and the levels are still high and the water is somewhat cloudy, not too bad.

Wondering if I have to just be patient and keep changing 20% water every week, and not adding more fish, or if there is something else I need to be doing?

Also Im pretty sure Ive been feeding them waaaay too much cause when I cleaned there was food flakes everywher.. I have stopped feeding them sooo much and only feed them little bits at a time till they stop.

Plus my Ammonium levels are low under .6 and nitrate and nitrite are through the roof even after a 20% change.... I know im not supposed to change all the water cause the good bacteria will get changed too....

Any tips??

D

Last edited by Mosswa; 11-28-2011 at 04:33 AM. Reason: additional info