View Single Post
Old 04-16-2019, 09:16 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
I love my tuxedo urchin. Spike is a nice small fellow & doesn’t cause too much trouble (I tried a beautiful white urchin that grew enormous in a couple of months & he disrupted things so much that I took him back to JL). Sometimes I move him onto a rock that needs cleaning and he’ll do it haha. He’s also been with me since the beginning so around 3 years old now at least. I don’t have big long clumps of HA though, just small patches here & there. He scrapes rock clean, leaving a white trail

I'm impressed with your ability to keep things alive for so long. I would hope it would eat the hair algae. I have a yellow tang that ignores it so I don't want more things that won't touch it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
I have a tuxedo urchin you could have for a reasonable amount. Not much algae left in my tank and he loves putting things on his back, snails, small corals ect. Kind of want to get rid of him.

I will probably take you up on that. I need to get my nitrates down a bit first. They are at 15-20ppm and from a quick google about them it seems they can be sensitive to nitrates.