View Single Post
Old 03-14-2014, 04:47 PM

Trevor W is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmandan View Post
I've seen this done before: to cut the notch, you essentially cut two holes as far apart from each other as the length you want the notch to be. Then you use a glass cutter to score the bottom part of one circle to the other, and break away the glass.
Thanks for the input. That was my plan with drilling the corners of the notch and then using my angle grinder and a diamond cutoff wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
using a dremmel sucks the big one, I used a glass cutter then used the dremmel just to smooth out the cut. you need running water to keep it cool, and you very well might destroy your dremmel, or at least the flexable wand part of it

if I had to do it again I would drill two holes one on each end of the cut out, the using a glass cutter scribe to conect them, bust out the glass and smooth it over.

Steve
Yea I was starting to think that a dremel would not be the best to use and was considering using a rotozip, then I just realised I have a angle grinder and a diamond cutoff wheel. Yes my plan was to do this on my front lawn with the hose running constant water over it.

Check out this guy using his dremel wand/flexible shaft underwater to do some fragging....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxeFJ7N7c34