View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 12:22 AM

crimper is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ya Dude View Post
Take the math and experimenting with dfferent products out of the process and get a calcium reactor
It raises all three elements evenly and steady once dialed in
"When dialed in." that is the hard part..

Ya Dude, here's the math for CaRx I'm running one.

Reliable Reactor cost me $600ish (Geo)
Reliable Regulator $400ish (Carbon Doser)
CO2 Tank $100ish
Ph controller $300ish++up(I use my Apex Jr)

This setup with all the bells and whistles that I thrown out in there and still a struggle to make the Alk stable as the effluent keeps on clogging. I need to shell another $350ish to buy a reliable peristaltic pump to have a constant effluent.

Advising that kind of setup for a newbie doesn't justify the need for it while you can have the same results by using a $100 doser. besides his 75 tank is fairly new and not worth running a CaRx.

I'm not saying this is the only way, but if you don't wanna be fidgetting your CaRx setup every so often to tune your effluent to get a stable Alk then shell out that amount of money and get this setup.

Sorry I dont intend to create a debate here on dosers vs CaRx and I know Llorgon is already been taken good care of by GregZ, but i thought it would be helpful for newbies to know the cost of running a reliable CaRx.

Oh by the way I still need to dose Mag as it drops every so often to balance my parameters.

my 2 cents