Thread: tufa prices
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2003, 12:44 PM

Beverly is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by teevee
i hear what you're saying, but the cost difference is significant.
From reading the thread so far, the cost of tufa is tremendously lower than LR. And when one is on a tight budget, the cost of LR is astronomical, for sure Heck, even when money is a little more prevelant, the cost'll almost kill you

I know how much you'd like to get your reef up and running, as nobody likes to wait forever to get the ball rolling on such an important part of their lives. Yeah, reefkeepers can stand only so much delay then they simply have to go for what they can financially handle.

However, think of your reef as a long term investment and an even longer term personal commitment. It'll be something you enjoy, and pull your hair out over with the problems it brings to your life, for years and years - possibly until you're as old as I am And how old am I, you might wonder? Well, let's just say I'm over 45, so in your case, you'd be looking at 20 years or so of keeping your wonderful ecosystem alive, healthy and flourishing.

So, starting out with the best of the basics will only bring you more satisfaction, and hopefully less hair-pulling, down the long road of keeping your wonderful reef. You're still a little bit away from the point of actually putting rock in your tank. Maybe someone on the board will be selling their setup and you'll be able to take their rock and other stock. Or maybe you'll decide to wait a little while longer to order a box or two of J&L's LR just to get started.

Whatever you decide to do is certainly up to you based on your individual circumstances. We've decided to do what we did based on our experience and circumstances, and so has everyone else on this board. Good luck with your decisions

Beverly's 10g Nano YouTube Channel