View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 08:45 PM

gucci17 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer King View Post
Looks good man , your off to a great start. the tank under your controller is that for a top off or are you splitting that up into 4 arts and using that as your baling tank.
Thanks Skimmer King! The controller and doser were just there for looks. lol

That little tank is my ATO but I did consider splitting it up for dosing. Then I realized how much work it would be to keep it clean lol. I think I'll stick to some empty 4L plastic vinegar jugs until I can scrape up some cash to have a few acrylic containers made. There's no rush since I don't plan on dosing for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
Looks great so far. Very nice tank was that built by Miracles?

With your return manifold like that you'll find that the vast majority of your flow will exit the far left and far right outlets. I suppose you're not going to want to compromise the clean look up top but perhaps you can incorporate valves into the design to tune each.

Looking forward to more. And my vote is for the XR6!

Edit: Oops looks like you cut out the previous owner's sch80 manifold and are only using the corners. Good call.
Thanks lastlight! The original owner had the tank built by Aquarium Obsessed several years back before they went under.

I did hack off the return manifold ontop of the tank...I felt that it detracted from the 'clean' look I was aiming for. I do have the option of the returns either in both corners or the two other holes closer towards the centre. Still deciding on that one.

I decided to go with the XR6 for now and see how the coverage works out for this tank. I didn't have a stud finder and my buddy and I tried to wing it but no luck. Just a bunch of holes in the ceiling now . I may just gamble and pray my drywall holds up with these -

These anchors are supposed to be able to hold in excess of 100+lbs. Now the tedious task of positioning the fixture perfectly . Any tips?