View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 07:45 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millepora_Maniac View Post
HI guys thanks for the replies,

I was considering the lawnmower blenny, but at the same time, they are known to perch on corals, and i wouldn't want that on some fresh frags.

I do have some turbo snails in there but they don't seem to be touching the longer algae strands. Maybe i should try removing the algae again, and seeing if the snails can keep up, maybe add a few more. Turbo's are just so clumsy and run right over my frags sometimes, once again this can dislodge coral frags and cause the frags to lean against each other, something i really don't want if i can avoid it.

My tank is growing fast and has awesome colour, so i am hesitant to change anything filtration wise at the moment, so i won't be adding another reactor to my system. I am running pellets and zeo already, and phosphates and nitrates are negligable (0ppm not readable on my elos tesk kit).

I was hoping someone had some kind of new invert or fish that could live alone in there and take care of all of it.

This egg grate stuff is annoying, it seems to grow algae like crazy.

best algae eater out there for long hair algae is a sea hare...hands down a eating machine but will starve once it finishes its job they do not take to nori(mine didnt anyways) and they will eat the super long stuff once food hets scarce.drip acclimate though as they are temp and salinity sensative.