View Single Post
Old 12-22-2011, 06:45 PM

Millepora_Maniac is on a distinguished road

HI guys thanks for the replies,

I was considering the lawnmower blenny, but at the same time, they are known to perch on corals, and i wouldn't want that on some fresh frags.

I do have some turbo snails in there but they don't seem to be touching the longer algae strands. Maybe i should try removing the algae again, and seeing if the snails can keep up, maybe add a few more. Turbo's are just so clumsy and run right over my frags sometimes, once again this can dislodge coral frags and cause the frags to lean against each other, something i really don't want if i can avoid it.

My tank is growing fast and has awesome colour, so i am hesitant to change anything filtration wise at the moment, so i won't be adding another reactor to my system. I am running pellets and zeo already, and phosphates and nitrates are negligable (0ppm not readable on my elos tesk kit).

I was hoping someone had some kind of new invert or fish that could live alone in there and take care of all of it.

This egg grate stuff is annoying, it seems to grow algae like crazy.

90 gal SPS display+65 gallon mixed reef
GEAR: Korallin calcium reactor, bio pellets, digital aquatics controller, Tunze ATO, MP40, 4 x Tunze 6105 w/controller, Reef Octopus Xp3000 ext, 2x250w MH, Futura LED.