View Single Post
Old 04-17-2004, 03:41 AM

Buccaneer is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthunder
Well, if it'll help you loosen up, I'm rooting for the Flames... lol
Bran with my breakfast helps loosen me up but an Edmontonian rooting for the Flames is almost sacriligious

Now that that is out of the way and you have truly a heartfelt apology in there somewhere

My questions:

the big one - a) For the tray should I; Construct it from acrylic (never done this before), buy a glass tank (quoted 450.00), buy a polyproplene tank (230.00) or????

Build a glass tank for less than 100 bucks out of 1/4" glass since it is only 12 " high there will be little pressure ... scrap glass is all you need

b) What size of bulkheads should be used in the input output to allow for this 1000gph flow and gravity drain?

there is a formula on RC on the main page for flow size based on diameter of tube

c) Will a skimmer be nessisary or will the fuge be sufficient for this (as I'm only growing coral and not feeding very much)

no skimmer necessary

One thing you have not mentioned is what type of coral you plan to put in there ... softies / LPS / SPS ? ... your lighting maybe not enough for the last 2 ... you can go PC or VHO for cheap at Brite-Lite ( yellow pages )

“The most important decision you make is to be in a good mood.”
― Voltaire