View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:42 PM

fishoholic will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyf5 View Post
Hi Seamazter,

I just thought I would reply here so that everyone can read this as it applies to all.

The vendor rating forum is just that a rating for vendors which you have done business with. I do not find that you did business with said vendor and a few emails back and forth do not make for any type of "vendor rating" while it does apply to how a vendor may do business with you, it does not really apply until a transaction is completed. This is merely how I envisioned the ratings system to exist.
I have done business with several vendors that just aren't chatty via email as they have many emails and private messages to contend with and can't really spend all their time replying to someone that "may or may not" do business with them. I have also done business with other vendors that are extremely chatty and go out of their way in email conversations. I think that is a personality thing more than a way of doing business but I digress. As far as I know even though Dave was short with you he was likely courteous or you would have hopefully mentioned it in a PM to one of the moderators to back up your vendor rating.

Also, in order to see how people voted, you do not need to place a vote. To my knowledge there is a button to at the bottom right of the voting box that says "view poll results". This will show you how people voted without having to cast a vote.

While I agree that people who vote poorly for a vendor do not need to be harassed, you could have just done us the justice of merely stating to the mods that your vote standsor can be removed as that was your experience and we could leave it at that. It is my feeling that while giving a vendor a bad rating, you certainly don't need to justify it to the vendor or the moderators if you choose not to. However, as you only have a few posts, we like to make sure that the voting is legitimate (which is why we contacted you). We have had several cases where people have either voted in the wrong category or voted for the wrong vendor and it is our right to contact the voter to be sure that they voted correctly. Until we can perfect this ratings system, we will continue to contact voters if the need arises.

I'm sorry if you feel put out in this matter but this is just the way it has to be for now. Please accept our apologies.
+1 I think that's only fair.