View Single Post
Old 09-09-2017, 01:58 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyfighter View Post
I would try removing the foz down and replacing the light with a grow bulb.
I started off using a par 30 led spotlight and it grew ok but I switched to a 50w grow led from Amazon and the stuff grows like crazy. All I have for flow is the water running through my sump so I don't thing that is your problem.
Also fluconazole treatments always kills my chaeto so if you have using it that may also be the problem.
I will discontinue the Foz Down and ordered a replacement bulb which is designed as a grow bulb. Do you think I can remove the maxijet from the live rock and chaeto compartment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millepora_Maniac View Post
Flow is not an issue, you don't need lots of flow. Just need water to pass through the mass.

I used a compact fluorescent clamp light myself, it worked fine. It looks like you have measurable nitrates and phosphates, so it should be growing.
Maybe try changing the bulb in that clamp light to something more plant spectrum (6500 k) Seems a little overkill to buy an expensive LED system just for chaeto. That little light should work.

Good luck dude!
Thanks for the advice. I thought the flow through the baffles to the return (fuge is in the Center) would be suffice for growth. I definitely am trying the grow bulb before purchasing an expensive led fixture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galizio View Post
I had never had problem growing chaeto with a simple clamp light and an led light from store, sure grow slower than if you use a grow light, but still growing. Let say double the size, in a 2 months period.
For me was most dealing with the flow, I find out in my case that more flow was better, but that just my experience...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what are you using for flow besides the overflow and return pump?