Thread: Syringes
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2004, 04:05 AM

-CaLvIn- is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to -CaLvIn-

Hey all - I'm a newb here. Glad to find a local forum like this by complete fluke.

Re: syringes, I got a pair of nice small ones while my wife was giving birth last year LOL!
The nurse gave me the most perplexed look as I began explaining why I wanted them. I honestly think she believed me by the time I was done, because she gave them to me, But the look on her face was absoloutely priceless!

I had a nasty aptasia problem. I got around to injecting only one or two of the larger ones with hot Kalk. I had bought a Peppermint shrimp from Big Al's a week beforehand in the blind hope that the rumours about them Vs. Aptasia were true.
And sure enough, I noticed that very few of the aptasia were staying out for very long. And eventually I had to search really hard to find any venturing out.

The Peppermint Shimp eventually got really aggresive as he became more confortable in his new home. So, thank god he died after about 4 months. I blame him for the death of my Blue Tridacna. He kept annoying it.
But now a year later, I don't have a single Aptasia in the tank.
That alone was worth what I paid for him, which wasn't a whole lot.

I hope to learn more from and share with you all in the coming future.
thanks