View Single Post
Old 01-01-2005, 08:08 PM

Vagabond is on a distinguished road
Default Help!! favorite leather declining

My favorite finger leather coral has gone into a sudden decline in the past 48hrs

Usually it is very full and has all of its polyps extended giving it a really cool soft fuzzy yellow look. The day before yesterday it never opened up any of its polyps. Yesterday the same thing and today I am starting to see a shiney, slimey film covering some of the body and branches

Of note and most likely: I picked up a small figi leather frag last week that was healthy when I put it in the tank . I had placed it into a space in my rock work and it seemed to be doing well until 3 days ago when I noticed a brown film on its base at the point of contact with the rock. When I lifted up the frag the base just disintegrated into mush. I got it out of the tank ASAP and siphoned out any particles I could find.

This seems the most probable cause and I'm guessing that whatever got to the Figi has likely spread to my finger leather even though they are accross the tank from each other.

I did a water change on Thursday and all of my parameters test out great both yesterday and today.

My other softies and LPS are thriving and show no signs of ailment.

Is there anything I can do to save the finger leather Dip?, Another water change? Anything?

HELP!!!