Thread: I need help lol
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2012, 07:40 PM

FFGirl is on a distinguished road
Default I need help lol

Hey everyone, my husband is buying me a 28 gallon nano tank for my bday It's the starter kit one from Pisces. However, in reading for over 100 hours about marine tanks I have myself so worked up I am not sure if I should get it at all for fear of doing something horrific :P I am going to list out what I was planning to do, and if any of you can confirm or correct my secisions I would appreciate it as I am getting the tank on Friday!!
Day 1 get kit, stand, refractometer and RO water (for such a small tank I am going to buy my water at the grocery store for now)
Mix salt and fill tank 2/3 full.
Day 2 go buy live rock and put in tank, add live sand and top off water. Let the sand settle and then fire up all filtration.
day 3 to ? Let tank cycle, testing water every couple of days until 2 to 3 weeks has past, performing 5% water changes weekly.
3 weeks later (or when I have good water readings for a few days in a row) go get a few snails, hermit crabs and shrimp (or should shrimp come later?)
Acclimate new critters and add to tank. Wait 2 to 3 more weeks testing water regularily and adding feed for shrimp doing 5 to 10% weekly water changes
Then finally add my 1st fish and 1st coral (one of each)

Sooooo, how am I doing?? Is there chemicals I should be adding?? I am so freaked out by all of the different advise I have seen out there :P

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read my small novel