View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 07:57 AM

piusma is on a distinguished road

If your QT is cycled, light isn't an issue at all. The key is water quality in the tank. You can only be certain that your fish is ick free if you're willing to do a 6 week treatment. Which means you'll need to water your saltinity on a regular basis OR make sure you have an ATO setup with your QT.

Now my question is what do you have in your main display tank and are you willing to risk a wipe out of your display tank if ick breaks loose in there. Some people never QT and they never had trouble. I've also heard about people who put a new fish in their display and it wipe out all their fish and starting all over again.

I QT all my fish for a 6 weeks period and I am not dropping any fish in my display without quarantine regardless of what they are. If they don't make it through the QT, it's still better than killing my other 10+ fish which I spent over a year adding through QT. You'll have a much higher successful rate if your QT is fully cycled.

I treat the fish with both prazipro and cupramine during this 6 week period and making sure the fish is eating well and fat before I drop them into my display.

Steven