View Single Post
Old 07-30-2011, 04:58 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef23 View Post
Hi all,
Picked up a very nice blonde Naso tang today. Before the tang police attack, there is a game plan behind this! He is only 3" and I'm hoping to be able to keep him in my 140G for a year or so. After that I have a friend with a 220G that agreed to take him over once size became an issue. At the store I saw him eat pellets and nori. No signs of any issue what so ever. Once bagged I had a 2hr drive. When I got home he already showed signs of stress with white dots on his sides. I have a 20G QT setup with 1.025 salinity. The store water is 1.024. I'm drip acclimating him now. I plan on hyposalinity treatment over the next 48hrs. Do you recommend a full 4wk QT? My Qt tank is in my "fish room" where my sump is located. I have a light over the fuge that comes on for 8hrs a night and lights up the room a far amount. Is this enough light for the QT or do I need to set something else up? Where do I get garlic to soak his food in ? Any suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks
Go to the LFS and buy a product called Garlic Extreme or go to a health food store and buy garlic extract.
Soak the nori in the garlic. Feed often. Feed only garlic soaked food. The idea is to get as much garlic in him as possible.