View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 08:06 PM

Myka will become famous soon enough

I have looked into pet insurance a few times, and I also thought it was rather pricey. It's like car insurance...rarely worthwhile (but we have to). Sorry I can't help you choose a company, but I do have an alternative idea that may work for you. Instead of having pet insurance I always keep myself financially prepared for the worst. I call it my Pet Emergency Account. In January I nearly drained that account when my senior dog became ill. I was thankful that account existed as I didn't have to deal with the added stress of how to pay for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
and you NEVER EVER have to consider euthanasia when your pet is hurt, or ill...you just say yes to whatever is recommended.
This scares me sometimes when people put their pets through a battery of invasive tests or surgeries when the most humane thing sometimes is to euthanize. Especially with older pets when the family/person isn't ready to let go. I personally know of a few cases where vets have blatantly taken advantage of pet insurance when there was no hope for the animal. Of course finding a good vet is extremely important!

SPS fanatic.