View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 12:00 AM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
Good luck, it always a process, manual removal outside the tank might be the best option.

I have been trying to manually remove some each night by hand. I haven't made much of a dent yet. Some spots are hard since it's attached to the rocks really well and doesn't want to be pulled off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefMadness View Post
it's amazing what can happen in 3 days with just a UV sterilizer when you're fighting amphidinium dinos.
I ended up having to deal with prorocentrum dinos for over a year until I could safely say I won. they were definitely a different beast as they never leave the substrate so UV isn't effective. I found success with algae and introducing some more established live rock.

It is pretty amazing how well UV can work. I think it's the opposite though. Amphidinium are in the sand and don't go into the water column. That's what I had in my sand and the UV had no effect on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Hi Llorgon,
Congrats on winning the battle. What a process!
Not sure if you need any free chaeto (with pods, brittle stars, etc) - just let me know.

Thanks! I may take you up on that soon. Although the last stuff you gave me didn't last very long. Maybe second time will work better!