Thread: DC pumps
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 02:44 PM
busy with fresh water.

The Guy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daplatapus View Post
Yup, I have several Waveline's and that is definitely the secret. The original controllers had a small fan on the back. If you mounted it to a wall (like one would assume you can because of the mounting holes) they WILL over heat, die and shut everything down.
After a lot of whining and complaining RLSS has sent me new controllers for ALL my pumps and they seem to be much better at dissipating heat.
For giggles, I mounted one of the old controllers to the bottom of a floor joist so that the fan was open to the air (it's running my external skimmer) and it's been humming along for almost a year now with no issues OTHER than a really noisy bearing on that little fan.
Here's the difference between the old and new controllers:

Ya I'm pretty sure speedwave & waveline are the same company, so I think you could use a waveline controller to run a speedwave pump. What do you think? BTW I like your old retro kitchen table, my parents had one of those a lonnnnnng time back.