Thread: Runners?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Moby da Goby is on a distinguished road

Hi Trabby,

I only started running Jan 2010. I'm 39 and I always said that when I turn 40 (2011), I will do a full marathon in that year. Well, guess I had better get started!

I started on my own running for a month but because I need some extra motivation to keep me going, I joined a Running Room 5K clinic. Something about paying for something helps me get out the door, even in crappy weather. The run/walk system works very well for me because I was a non runner for the longest time.

Since that first 5K clinic and various clinics, I've ran a 5K race, two 10K race and two half marathons (taking 15 mins off my first half time too!!). The group of people I run with are not only involved with the Running Room clinics but also run and cross train outside of those clinics, who I now run with. They keep me accountable and running with a group is always much nicer.

Shoes are very important, don't skimp on these and please don't go to the big box type store to buy them. Get fitted properly this will make all the difference in your comfort level. With the amount of running I've been doing, I've been fortunate enough to be relatively injury free.

Good luck with that first step!
Deanna