View Single Post
Old 11-30-2018, 07:30 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
Very good thread, a lot of help here, this will help many refers to come to!
Not an easy thing but you will win .
I’m batting a similar war . I haven’t gone to the black out yet, but I have hit them With peroxide as well as filtering as much of it out of the tank with filter floss daily, using my turkey baster and a very soft artist brush.
Get as much out of the system because they release poisons into the water carbon is a must .I added filter pads that removes po4 and one for no3 that I change every week.
Also I added to the rain of fire is two bacteria strains one for new rank other for breaking down wast,and 3 turbo snails and 2 emerald crabs.
Wet protein skimming all the time . I should have taken pictures but I’m on my way to defeating this beast.
Hope this will help a little keep at it !
RAZOR RAMON

I wouldn't bother with the blackout. In my experience and from what I have been reading it doesn't do much. It knocks them back for a day and that's about it. And if your corals are already stressed(which mine were) you will lose them.

I didn't have much luck with using the turkey baster on the rocks and sand originally. Just made them worse. Siphoning them out does help though.

Did the snails and crabs help at all? Mine won't eat the stuff.

Have the filter pads that removes po4 and one for no3 worked for you? My dino outbreak was caused from po4 and no3 being at or very near 0. It isn't until I have had them at 10ppm and 0.5ppm for a week that the dinos are disappearing.

I have been taking some photos along the way. I should post them..