View Single Post
Old 04-15-2010, 11:20 PM

brizzo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by monocus View Post
remember you get what you paid for-if it is for a one time use then no problem-but if you are going to be doing multiple cuts i would go for a more expensive one-you also have to look and see if it isn't warped-i bought a dewalt (really crappy company now)6 " hole saw and it was off center by 3/8 of an inch.at the same time i bought a set of diamond hole saws at summit tools(8 different sizes) for around $80 and they have worked out fine-but i wouldn't use them more than 4 times before replacement.the average diamond holesaw runs about $80
My workplace sells a 1.5" diamond holesaw for $17.99 .. I can get about 8 holes out of one through 6mm glass. They're the same brand you bought from summit tools, 'samona' brand.

Dewalt doesn't make diamond holesaws as far as I know of, and it's not in their catalogue.

$80 for a diamond bit? Do you mean a coring bit? If so .. don't use it on glass!