View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 10:04 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishoholic View Post
For this work I was 1st quoted that it'll cost about $600 then when I dropped it off for the work to be done they told me that to get those 4 things done it will be more like $800. Then they called me around 1pm and told me that since it's a 4x4 and because I use synthetic oil etc. it will cost $1200. Hopefully that quote was with taxes and that's the difference between the $800 to the $1200 but I don't know.
I would call them and tell them to leave the car alone and go get it, that is a blatent rip off if they didn't find more work. a 4X4 means you have transfer case and front dif as well as the back, that should be about 60 to 100 bucks in synthetic oil, and the difference in the oil change is about 60 bucks. transmition flush and fill could be about 250.00 and spark plugs should be 150ish to 200.00. I would tell them if they can't stay to the original quote of 600.00 to forget it and take it to Canadian tire for the spark plug change (or do it your self) and then go to a quick lub for the rest.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.