View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 02:54 AM

Binare is on a distinguished road

I did what everyone told me to do out of highschool, went to university, got a degree in computer sciences. Moved out to Montreal and started my own company eventually, was great for a few years travelling all the time to new york, phoenix, san francisco etc. Like you I got bored of it. I had no life, lost all friends basically buuuut I made great money consulting so I was trapped in it for about 5 years. Moving back to Calgary I only lasted a couple months doing this. Old friends and family made me realize it wasn't all about money, my girlfriends dad at the time offered me a way out and I took it. I became an electrician taking a 80 grand a year paycut. Its been 4 years now and I don't look back, currently working on my electrical engineering as well. Computer sciences, electrician and engineering will all tie together nicely, I'm back up to a healthy liveable pay again (nowhere near my old lifestyle yet). I guess my point is if you do decide a career change, pick something that compliments what you already know. Then it becomes more of another step, another set of skills for you to add too. I'm 30 now... Is that young enough to relate to?