Thread: Apex controller
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2014, 02:56 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road
Default Apex controller

Ok guys, I need some help please. I tried reading on line and the manual, but some of this stuff is greek to me and I'm having a hard time making heads or tails of it. I thought I'd ask here first seeing how I know a few of ya

I've finally got my used Apex up and running. Right now I've got my temp sensor, pH and pH2 sensor connected. I'm not exactly sure what the pH2/orp one is doing right now, but it seams to be working. I've got a ethernet line hardwired to my network at home and can see everything on my Mac.

My EB8 only has one dosing pump plugged into it and thus my question. The pump I have is dosing Vodka via a 1.1ml/min doser. I have until now been dosing 2X a day. Once usually around 8 am and again somewhere between 6-8 pm. I hooked the doser up in my office and ran it for a week just using water in 2 containers and I think I have the actual timing down. I'm at 3.3 ml every 12 hours in my dosing schedule so I use this as my program:

Fallback OFF
OSC 480:00/003:00/237:00 Then ON
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Here's my question. I've noticed in other peoples programs, they have a fail safe in there, but so far none of them make sense and I didn't want to add a line I didn't fully understand. Should I be adding anything or should I be running this pump differently altogether? If I need to add a failsafe, how do I do it?
Thanks in advance!