View Single Post
Old 12-20-2010, 11:13 PM

Rbacchiega is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Sorry to hear. Ouch.

All at once or gradual? Symptoms? Basically I think this comes down to either disease in which case you'd think there be some lead-up to the event; or there was somehow a lack of O2 and they asphyxiated.
seemingly gradual, like over the course of a couple weeks. After the Kole died I had them test the water, params were good save for the salt was through the roof...because dip wit 17 year old WHO I TOLD NOT TO TOUCH THE TANK EVER was adding a cup of salt instead of the 1/2 cup. So they slowly brought it down over the course of a week with daily water changes.

Then, dipstick 17 year old turned the vortech up to 100% to show her stoner friends and never turned it back down, causing a sandstorm. So they shut it off for a couple days. But I don't think the lack of vortech would cause the oxygen to decrease to such an excent it would off everyone. With the return pump and the closed loop there's still lots of water movement.

In terms of symptoms, Ernie said there was no white spots or rabid breathing...no sparadic swimming etc. It was literally they were fine and swimming around/eating etc...and then started dying off.

He's getting a guy from the local LFS to come take a look at the tank tomorrow, but I"m at a loss
I've got so much glue on my pants it looks like a Friday night gone horribly wrong.