View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 05:42 AM

DKoKoMan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinreefer View Post
WC is subjective, find a routine that works for your system.
If 10% biweekly is working out so far, adjust from there if you want to spread apart.

Try say 15-20% every 3 or 4 weeks. Do that for a while and see how the tank responds.

Some do WC few and far between, some do weekly changes religiously.

FWIW, way back my nicest sps dominant 180 got very random infrequent WC. And usually I would do 30G at a time.

Now having said that, on my new display which will be SPS dominant, I'm going to try aim for regular monthly WC of about 10-20%. (Probably 10% at 30G). This is probably on the lower end of the spectrum I'm guessing.
Thanks for the information! I like 30g WC myself as it is quite easy to do in the new tank. I always bock at the idea of doing the 30g WC monthly but cave in shortly sticking to biweekly.

I have read a bunch of information that states small frequent WC really take the SPS to the peak in colour and growth. I guess I will just stick to what I have been doing for a couple months. I may brave stretching the WC out and see how he tank reacts. Everything is still settling in so I don’t want to rock the boat too much.