View Single Post
Old 10-10-2016, 05:52 PM

NastayNatron is on a distinguished road

Alright time for a plumbing update. Lets start with my bean animal overflow and returns. I wanted everything along the back of the tank to be black, drain pipes into the cabinet to be red, and the returns to be white. To accomplish this I ordered colored pvc from BRS. I looked around for a local supplier but had a really hard time finding anything. Maybe only the reefing community cares about stylish plumbing. As for black fittings, that was another story. I decided to go with krylon fusion for plastic paint and use white fittings. I sanded each fitting well before applying the paint. I also had to make a few modifications to some of the fittings in order to keep them from being visible when viewing the tank. This, and of course tapping the 1/4" threads into the top of the open channel cap. I used low profile strainers on each of the drains as well. Check it out!

You'll notice the two lines running to the cabinet opposite the sump. They are feeding my reactor. I had originally planned to keep the reactor in the same cabinet as the sump, but due to size constraints, it was banished to the far cabinet. I do have exciting plans for that side of things in the future!