View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 06:10 AM
Darth Moderator

WarDog will become famous soon enough

Yellow Tail continues to be a jerk. Hiding all the time and not being social at all.

Water is starting to cloud up. I suspect excess bacteria, but I'm not 100% on that. All parameters are good except Alk at 6.2 (this will be dealt with shortly).

Looked around for a used UV unit and found one from Barry (byee). We met up earlier today and it was a pleasure to talk with him. I am finding everyone I meet from Canreef to be very friendly, passionate hobbyists! Thanks again Barry!

UV gets a good vinegar bath for a few hours while the Oscars were on.

...and then the little germ killer gets installed.

Just running it off a Rio 600 for now. I plan to add a manifold system in the future for the UV and a chiller. I will deal with the UV's wires tomorrow.

Thought I would give the WiFi unit another try on the Apex. First time I hooked it up it didn't work at all, and it even changed the IP of the Apex.
Took hours to figure it out and get the Apex hooked back up with the Ethernet cable. I put the WiFi aside to deal with it later.
Well, later has come. The wife was complaining about the 50 feet of Ethernet cable strung across the house, so I thought I'd give it another go.
I plugged it in quickly on a whim and it seems to just have worked. Don't ask me how... I suspect Gremlins.

It will eventually be mounted to the side of the cabinet after the countertop is done.

Here's a couple of pics of what I thought were diatoms... but now I'm not too sure. I am starting to suspect I've over dosed ZeoVit.
I've followed the dosing schedule to the letter, so it's all very confusing. It's literally everywhere there is light cast, including the glass. If anyone has any ideas I'd appreciate it!

With flash.

Without flash.