View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 04:23 PM
R.I.P.

reefwars will become famous soon enough

maybe in the first 6 mths or so youll go pest free but it will get through over time, in order to stay pest free you have to be willing to qt ANYTHING that hits your tank for minimum weeks on end and then to not buy anything while you qt each and every individual thing.......theres very very few people who are willing to do that.

qt is for making sure the coral is healthy and to see if it has immediate health problems or pests.......if you want to guarantee you have no pests come in you would have to qt the first piece of livestock.....then weeeks later add 1 more thing and qt that.....then weeks later you wouldhave to add 1 more thng to your qt tank.....everytime you add something you put something in your display.

the only other way is too add it all at once into your qt tank and hope you get all the possible pests.

if your not doing this then there is a chance of pests getting through for sure.

fwiw dips dont kill half of what we think it does , so unless you know how to kill it all, its going to be tough.

either way i hope you do get to be pest free, i will be the first you to commend all the hard work for sure

cheers