View Single Post
Old 08-12-2013, 07:20 PM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu
however upon the 1st login to the router, you will be prompted to change the password
I think you misunderstood my comment.

The router has 3 users that I know of which will successfully log in to the router.

1. Admin. This is the one you are referring to and has limited access to certain router/modem features. You can change the password and make it secure.

2. Tech - This is what Telus uses to login to your modem/router to update the firmware or make modifications from their end.

3. Root - This is the highest level of administrative access. With it you can completely change any setting you choose.

The passwords for Tech and Root are readily available on the internet. I did not try to change those passwords so don't know whether it's possible or not. I suspect they are hardcoded into the firmware. Someone using one of these modems would need to verify if it's possible.

I got Telus to upgrade my modem to the Thompson and use my own router. As soon as I switched out the router the port forwarding for the Profilux and ip cameras all worked fine.

Cheers,
Tim