View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 07:25 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough
Default N/P Bio Pellets: Part III

First of all, thanks Leah

Okay, so this evening marked the 4th (ish) week of the N/P Bio Pellets. To recap.. I have about 750ml of the pellets running in a Two Little Fishes 150 phosban reactor that is fed by a maxijet 900 daisy chained with another phosban reactor running carbon. I recently did a mod to the sponges to get more flow through the reactor and thus more tumble of the pellets. This has worked out quite well. I also have another 250ml of the pellets hanging out loosly in my refugium and my overflow box (just cuz I couldn't fit all the pellets in the reactor). At first I was a little worried about this but so far there have been not been any adverse effects.

Before I started using the pellets I used an American Marine Pinpoint meter to measure my nitrates and got a reading of 8ppm. Two weeks later I took another reading and got 4ppm. Now into my 4th(ish) week I took another reading and got 0ppm.

The meter reads "Lo" but according to the manual this means Zero. I wasn't sure I trusted that reading at first so I took two more readings. The second one also came up as zero while the third and final test came up with 1ppm.

So I'm going to call it zero since the probe has an accuracy of +/- 1ppm Once again, just like the week two test, I have not made any changes to my system. It has been static now for over four weeks in fact. I do not run any ULN systems like zeo or ultralith nor do I use any of their additives.

So there we have it. In my application of the N/P Bio pellets there is clearly a positive result and I am sold!! Needless to say I will be stockpiling these bad boys. I have always wanted to use this emoticon and feel it appropriate to do so now..

Alright.. carry on.

Last edited by kien; 02-09-2010 at 07:41 AM.