View Single Post
Old 03-10-2014, 03:55 AM

Adrenaline101 is on a distinguished road
Default Adrenaline's 100G Hopefully I get it right build!

I am late to the game with a build thread but since I tossed this together in a few days its pretty close to the "start"

Decided the 90 cube just wasn't "me" so I went on a search for a tank.
Found a pretty good deal on a 100G, with wood stand and sump.
Got the tank all home and the only build design that was quirky was going through the euro brace with the returns, but hell, I am ok with different. Wasn't a huge fan of the homemade wood stand, was sturdy as all hell but not too pretty and would be interesting to skin it afterwards.

Got together about 40' of 1" steel tube and tada! a new stand was born.

Only hitch I've run into so far is I rushed stupidly and didn't get big proper spears 1 1/2" unions, tried the black abs ones and had a leak, over tightened it and snapped the fitting right off. Thankfully the valve was shut off, so I switched the durso standpipe over to the emergency standpipe side and I am just running one drain until I can run and get proper unions tomorrow.

Enough talking! Details:
100G 48L x 24W x 20H, Euro braced, 2 x 3/4" returns, 2 x 1 1/2" drains in external overflow, apparently some of it is starfire, I am too daft to tell.

Lighting : 48" Trinity T5HO 4 x54w and led moonlights. I wanted a combo light like this so figured I'd give the JBJ a trial, weren't a ton of reviews online compared to something like the Coralife.
Fluval Sea Nano tablet light on the sump.

Powerheads: 2 x Jebao WP-25's

Return Pump: Aqua Euro 800gph

Skimmer : AGM G4x w Sedna 9000 pump ( this is temp as its too big)

ATO: Auto Aqua Smart ATO ( won this at the reef meet, its more meant for nano's but wanted to see how it works"

Current stock list:
Purple Tilefish
Marine Betta Grouper
Spotted Mandarin Dragonet
Orange Marked Goby
Cleaner Wrasse
Emerald Crab
Sally Lightfoot Crab
Various hermits and snails