View Single Post
Old 02-25-2013, 10:58 PM

naesco is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyplo View Post
Never once did I state this was a startup tank, I stated my tank is currently fallow and I'm soon to be reaching the 7 week date. All of my fish that WERE in the tank are in quarantine and I want to add a mandarin to my display first and let him settle in, before I re-introduce my old fish. I said BEFORE when my tank was immature I had dreamed of trying a mandarin fish but decided to wait until the time was right and my tank was more mature (which is now, as my tank is currently 1 year and 1 month old). Sorry if that was not clear.

And maybe I am confused on what the term fallow means, I suppose I don't know the exact meaning but I was under the impression it was regarding your tank having all fish removed from it. I wasn't aware it also meant inverts/corals were not allowed to remain in the tank.... And if my tank has all fish removed from it currently (which it does) and only my corals remain, why would pods not culture and grow (which is what you are suggesting)??? Without fish to prey on them they have all the more advantage to grow and populate do they not?
Apologies accepted. Turbo charge your tank by over feeding live phytoplankton daily with the pumps off for an hour or so.
Get a lfs to order an aquacultured mandarin and when it arrives and you see it eating other foods buy it. Avoid other fish that also prey on pods. Your mandarin will soon devour all the pods in your tank.