Thread: sailfin tang?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 06:42 PM

Trigger Man is on a distinguished road

When adding a new fish there is always a chance for harassment. When adding a tang to a tank that already has one that is established there is a slight increase to the chances. I had both of those fish in my tank a while back when I was doing a fowlr tank with no problems. My Regal was 5 inches long and was the in the tank for a bit before I added a 4.5 inch Desjardinii tang (related sail-fin) with no problems. It was actually my purple tang that had problems with the Desjardinii, but to solve that I added a mirror for a bit and moved around rockwork. The tangs all lived together with no issues till I decided to change up the tank and found them new homes. I have seen many tanks with both of these fish in them with no problems, if you are worried about the fish out growing the tank then maybe buy it in a smaller size, I always find the 3-4 inch size to adapt well to tank life and it will be a while before it outgrows your 125g, and then it just gives you a excuse to get a larger tank.