View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 06:56 PM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimT View Post
Also anyone with an RF reader can tell when someone is home so they know when to rob you blind.

The company(Corix) that does the smart meter installs are not using licensed electricians. There is already cases of houses burning down due to an improper install of a smart meter.
How exactly does someone with an RF meter know when you're home. The average thief is unlikely to bother with something like an RF reader anyhow. All they need to do is watch your house & see how you come & go. I'd wager 90% of homes these days are unoccupied during a working day, kids are in school, both parents working to make the mortgage. A professional thief has many other ways of scoping out your home. Only had one break-in incident at my house so far & that was a crackhead who tried unsuccessfully to break my car window in the carport late in the evening. Pretty unlikely that a drug addict looking for quick cash is going to use an RF device either. They're just going to smash & grab whatever is close when they're freaking. Could be your car, could be your house. Smart meter isn't going to influence that scenario whatsoever. Fewer grow ops will probably also mean fewer crackheads.

You don't need to be a licensed electrian to install an electrical meter anyhow. Have you ever seen a meter removed from it's socket? It's as easy as replacing a light bulb once the lead seal (tamper indicator wire) is broken & the ring collar is opened.