Thread: 280g Inwall
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 09:46 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
So Tony you're saying you trust your cube to a heater thermostat or what's in use there?
Missed this earlier, sorry - but yes just a basic Ebo or something in there currently. Sort of goes back to the whole "it wasn't supposed to be this long" thing in the first place - was only meant as a temporary thing (this tank also originally had a ... I forget the brand name, it wasn't Won Bros, for a heater controller but it was something similar, it failed and starting reading these weird alien symbols instead of numbers). Anyhow other thing though is that the heater in there is kind of small, if it got stuck-on my "hope" is that it doesn't have the ability to overheat the tank anyhow. Luckily between the room temp, the lights and the pumps it doesn't have much work to do anyhow. It's actually a pretty low tech tank. I just use a floating glass thermometer in the sump to measure temp. Every so often I'll go looking for it and have to peel off a layer of feather dusters to take a reading.