Thread: Do u mush?
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 04:38 PM

Masonjames is on a distinguished road

I personally do not add any additives or extras. I just see it as extra junk. Raw whole foods only. But use what you like. I do like to add heavy on white fish meats as they are very rich and oily but others may want to reduce the amount of this. Shrimp are a good filler and binder but have a very high phospahte concentration in comparison to there nutritional value. Don't over do the shrimp. Can't get any fish to eat chucks of squid or octopus so I no longer add them. Basically you can just use what you can find at the time. Raw is always the best source but if your stuck with frozen you can always use that with no problems.

Good rule of thumb is to soak all raw foods in ice water mixed with a teaspoon of baking soda for an hour prior to proccessing. This will help remove the preservatives that are added which are extremely high in phospahtes. Rinse well and process. You want to proccess it so you have a good mix of food size to suit each mouth your needing to feeding.

I put into small sandwich sized ziplock bags and squish them flat to make a thin sheet. Freeze and feed. I don't rinse once it's been froze but a person can do so to remove some of the exrta juices if they like. I just break a piece off, thaw it in some tank water and dump it in.

It is a very rich food source however so the amount and frequency of feeding this food source will be differnt for everyone.