View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 01:57 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coralgurl View Post
Ecotech has been great to deal with in the past, quick responses. I guess I'm more concerned about what happens once the warranty expires.

I wish ecotech would put more thought into their manuals, including trouble shooting problems and programming the lights. Hopefully gen2 has less issues but a google search shows this is quite common with the power supply. Then there's the fans. I guess I figured spending a bit more = better quality but I haven't seen any negatives posted on any other led systems. (well on canreef anyway not active on other forums)
Well, kudos to you for posting your issues & keeping reefers in the know. I suspect many folks that pay a lot of money for products from high end manufacturers just keep quiet & let it ride. As mentioned, I have kind of a love/hate relationship with EcoTech products as well. Love the pumps, but the MP40 wetsides could still use a little 'tweaking'. The upside is EcoTech product support is stellar. I'm with you on the manuals too, though. But if you devote sufficient effort in searching around their site for videos, downloads etc. you generally find what you need. If not, they take care of you pretty quick once you contact them. If one of my 10 watt multichip LEDs craps out, I'm hooped, although I can fix it myself fairly easily, I have spares...

Last edited by mike31154; 12-10-2012 at 02:05 AM.