View Single Post
Old 02-24-2005, 02:30 AM

Joslyn is on a distinguished road

I'm at 1052 8th.

I haven't gotten a new pump Doug - This was originally yours right?
It makes a bit of a racket but I can live with it.
There's nothing really wrong with it is there?

I like the wood tank. It seems good and solid, and I never have to worry about running into it with something and breaking it. Its very easy to cut holes for whatever you want. Less concern about how it sits on its base too. In fact I don't really have a base - just some cinder blocks. It's just 3/4 inch plywood. I got it from Mike (yes another MIke...) at Vinny's in Brandon. He knows someone who makes them so you could go ask him. I don't really know how it was made. The paint or epoxy is a bright blue color, but I don't know what it is.

I had a bit of a mess a couple days ago. My return pump from my sump to the main tank died. I hadn't cleaned it as often as I should have and the ceramic shaft in the impeller broke. I also stupidly stuck on an extra fitting on the return line in the main tank to direct water a bit, and it was another inch or two lower in the water - so it siphoned an extra couple inches out of the main tank and onto my floor, which set of the house alarm because the phone line got wet and it didn't work for about a day. Anyway - it's all cleaned up now. Now I know to clean all my pumps at least once a month. A new impeller was only about $30.