View Single Post
Old 04-11-2021, 06:39 AM

Torontotraders is on a distinguished road

Maybe I didn't explain properly.

If an Achilles tang used to be 400 to 500 or even 100,000.00. it still doesn't change the logic. If they all of a sudden flooded the market, I'm quite sure they would be worth $25. That's what supply is about! So no matter what I thought it was worth before, the market dictated that is now worth $25, I would either be forced to keep it, or if I had to sell it, it would now be at market value; $25...

Whether or not you sold your tang is irrelevant. YOU chose to do what you felt was best for you! I've given away meds, fish, and supplies in the past, all that too is irrelevant! It was your choice to do with your property that you felt you needed at that time, as it was my choice to do with my supplies that I felt I was needed at the time - I purchased my med from the states, so they were NOT easy to come by, but I wanted to help fellow reefers.

So in conclusion - I am going to sell what I feel is fair market value, and if the receiver feels it is fair, they are going to pay for it.

The issue I have right now is this??? Why is it bothering you what others are doing? if you are not interested in the market value - Yellow tangs are not available, so, therefore, it shouldn't affect you, because you can't get one anyway unless you were willing the pay fair market value? What it seems to me is you want a tang, but are not willing to pay the price..I could be wrong, but if I'm not willing to pay for something, I simply walk away, and/or wait until I get something I am willing to pay for! Trying to condemn others for what they feel their property, items, etc are worth, isn't going to change things! In the states, Yellow tangs are going for about $400 USD...You either shake your head or buy them..That's about it in my opinion...

I for one don't mind paying extra because lower prices contribute to the raping of our oceans - That is just my opinion. It's not as nice as we think it is out there. This is our entertainment, and it comes at a cost. Watch (Netflix) Seaspiracy.

Last edited by Torontotraders; 04-11-2021 at 06:46 AM.