View Single Post
Old 08-20-2020, 05:34 AM
Gold Member

smokinreefer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to smokinreefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillegom View Post
Shao, how long has that tank been in that position?
I would think that for a glass pane to crack, something must have shifted. Albeit slowly.
The stand?
Or maybe a slight shift in the floor, then the stand accommodating that.
IMHO
I am only asking cause when you setup the replacement, you should think about why this happened.
I am glad you caught it in time, water on the floor is never good.
Tank has been in place for right about 2 years.
Stand was built purposely for it by a finishing carpenter during house renovations.

Your scenario is a definite possiblity. There are a number of factors in this particular failure scenario.

Yes, very lucky i caught it when i did or it would have been exponetially worse for not only my tank inhabitants but for my house!!!! By apex salinity graph it had started leaking for not quite a day. If i had gone to bed (would've been in a couple hours) without checking i would have woke up to a dry reef and over 300G of salt water on new hardwood. The stand was built into the house permanently so the leak seped down the side of the stand, whixh is basically just a wall. The water then ran down between the floor joists and engineered beams across the room floor/lbsmt ceiling, then running down the side wall.

Better that then sitting on my hardwood lol.

I have been racking my brain in what measures i need to prevent this from happening again and how to have a contingency planbin place should it happen again lol. Knock on wood.