View Single Post
Old 07-09-2009, 01:47 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseepman View Post
So, I still have a bunch of questions just because this is so close to what I'm doing. What are you planning to run as your return pump? What are you planning to stock? Are you planning to use anything at the overflow end for flow? Lastly, are you planning a sand bed or a bare bottom?
I love questions about my setup so ask away! Makes me think about all the details that I sometimes neglect to think about :-)

Return pump will be a QuietOne 6000. I currently have a QuietOne 3000 and love how quiet it is.

At the overflow end I will reuse my two Koralias 2's for now. I will replace them with a Vortech MP40 by the end of the summer though (hopefully).

I had a deep sand bed (4") in my 90 gallon. When I moved it last weekend I kept the sand out of it because I planned on using the sand in the 150. After seeing the 90 for a few days now all bare bottom I have to say I am loving it. Thus I am going to go bare bottom for the 150 and will sell/give away my rubbermaid tub of live sand that's sitting in my living room :-) I'd like to cover the bottom of the 150 with maybe a sprinkling of sand, some zoas, green stars and mushrooms.

As for stocking, everything in my current 90 gallon is going to go into the 150. For fish I have a Blue/Regal/Hippo tang, yellow tang, pair of perculas, six line wrasse, flame angel, watchman goby, pair of chromis', lawnmower blenny and some inverts like shrimps, an urchin and hermit crabs. The only new addition I am planning is possibly a purple tang or powder blue.

Last edited by kien; 07-09-2009 at 01:49 AM.