View Single Post
Old 10-12-2013, 05:55 AM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Here is the plumbing and miscellaneous work I had completed before leaving for work.

I envision the Mitras ballast top left, the Vortech controllers and battery backup mid-left, and have room to spare centre and right side.

The stacked sumps. You can see the returns from the overflow going into the sump top left. I hand tightened them and still had a couple leaks. My LFS told me to use a wrench and give them all quarter turn and low and behold they are all good! You can see the abyzz A200 in the primary return chamber.

The lower sump's return manifold is done. The three bulkheads on the bottom sump are for draining the chambers and one is an open emergency drain (far left).

You may be able to just make out the lower drain plumbing. The centre and right bulkheads are on ball valves while the left is a safety to prevent overflowing in a worst case scenario.

I need to clean the 1/2" plywood up a bit more, a little white caulking, etc., but the plywood is in place to allow me to affix electronics, powerhead controls, wiring looms, power bars, really anything I want to... to the wall. The space on the right is for the reactor shelf, dosing containers, profilux, etc.