View Single Post
Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 AM

Myka will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishu_pepper View Post
In fact they DO love it, they have been hosted by the sebae for months before we had to separate them due to the fallow period. The countdown is on and they'll be back in June.

On an related note, do you think IF we placed the Onyx's in near the RBTA that they will switch homes or will they eventually find their way back to the sebae (the two anems are about as far as they can be in the tank, with sight lines separated also)? The reason I ask is we discussed if it would look nicer when the first thing one sees is the RBTA/Onyx, since the RBTA is at the tip of the tank. If not, then it's no big deal.

Got any nice black coloured clowns you're breeding, Mindy?
If you have the lights out when you put them in and the anemone is still open, and you release them from your hand right into the anemone, you probably have a 50/50 chance they will stay put in that anemone.

If it was me, I would remove the Sebae to a holding tank, introduce the new Darwin (black) Clowns to the Sebae there. Then the Onyx should develop a good bond with the BTA, and in a few weeks put the Sebae back, make sure it's all puffed up (might take a couple days), and then put the Darwins right into the Sebae.

OR, introduce the Darwins and Onyx on the same day and let them figure who gets which anemone.

I actually DO have a beautiful jet black breeding pair of Darwins for sale right now. I'm getting out of breeding and focusing on the aquarium maintenance part of my business. You and I have the same taste - Onyx and Darwins are my two favs too.

SPS fanatic.