View Single Post
Old 03-18-2013, 04:51 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
sorry i thought you were talking about the float switches associated with topoff sensors not the float valves that have that tightening nut.

I've never had issues with the nut but yeah mine have all had that inner piece of plastic too.

superglue would fix it permanently!
Yah I considered superglue last time but went with silicone because it's easier to get off if I ever needed to. The RO line comes in through one of the small screw cap holes on the top of the rain barrel I use to store water, but that hole it too small to fit the float switch through, so if I super glued it and I ever needed to take the lid off I'd have to cut the RO line and probably toss the float switch. However, I'm going to be tossing this float switch now anyway. Seriously it looks as though it was running unrestricted all weekend. Long enough to make the water in the 55 gallon barrel (which sits on a heated concrete floor) the temperature of Calgary tap water. That's 300 gallons of water that (thank god) mostly went down the floor drain in the utility room, and probably 900 gallons of total wasted water. Our utility bill is going to be nuts again this month.

I'm going to do some checking and try and find a better float switch. My tank has always rested on thin ice, and I don't need to give my better half any more excuses to want it gone.