View Single Post
Old 06-02-2019, 05:51 AM

sleizure is on a distinguished road
Default sleizure 180g in-wall

I'm new around here in this username but existed other another in previous years - although no ability to login or change the password.

This is my fifth marine/reef tank (30, 65, 300, 135, 180) and I've been out of the game for a little over 10 years now. Things got weird in my life and I had a flash teardown of the 135, bought a bicycle, rode it around the world, and eventually got hit by a car in Africa and ended up marrying the driver. That's another story, but when I left closed loops were definitely picking up in popularity, Tonga shelf rock was available, Bubble Kings were still expensive but 1/3 of what they are now, and LEDs had just come out and were shunned by most due to their lack of intensity.

I've settled into a permanent location now, and it didn't take much more than a day after moving in to go and pick up a 180 off of someone who had torn down their system on the island. I spent the next 1.5 months prepping the area it was going to stay, quickly realizing, I hate doing drywalling, I despise doing puttying, and why do I keep thinking I can do this each and every time I get myself into these situations.

It's done, It's in the wall. It's plumbed, and now in the cycling. The next few messages when I find some photos and time to write will chronicle that. I'm coming at this tank this time around with a more balanced perspective, much more patience, time, and scientific understanding. I'm using all base rock with no live rock as I don't quite know anyone in the town I am living in yet and letting this cycle in the most natural way possible. I had a good wizz in it tonight.

Onwards!