Thread: 28g JBJ HQI
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:58 AM

makana is on a distinguished road

The urchin pushed the clam off about a week ago and now the clam won't grab on. I don't know if the clam is damaged and can't or just won't. Every couple days I find the clam pushed over again, often the urchin is still up there so I know it pushed the clam over again. The clam seems to be doing fine anyway, lots of growth on the shell, extends the mantle nicely.

Hopefully this doesn't cause long term issues of it.

I'm trying to figure out where I want all the corals to go long term. Any suggestions on where I should place the candy cane? Obviously the brains stay on the sand. I need a good location for a toadstool to grow up in as well. The upper portion of the tank I would like to have some SPS in if I ever get the algae issue taken care of. So if anyone can offer suggestions on corals that would go good and where in tank (possibly marked in the FTS), they should go I am all ears. It seems like some of the nicest tanks had the corals picked out for the locations and where just left to grow. I find with my level of experience I end up having to move them around trying to find a place that they tolerate.

Livestock: clown fish, chromis, coral beauty.

Corals: Toadstool, maze brain, candy cane, mushrooms (purple & green hairy), button polyps, green zoas, GSP.

Last edited by makana; 10-24-2012 at 03:05 AM.