View Single Post
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 AM
¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸. ><(((º>

kien will become famous soon enoughkien will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott tang View Post
hav to agree here its just how it is tho
How do you guys define "popular" around here? Post count? Reputation count ? I need to know because I want to be popular too!

While I totally agree that there are people who will vote for their friend or simply for the person they like more, not everyone does. Like you said though, in part, it's sort of the nature of the beast. Really no different than more important voting systems like say, an election. In any given election there will be people who will vote for their friend or just simply a candidate they like more rather than the candidate they might actual feel is more qualified based on the quality of their platform.

I guess what I'm getting at is that no one should feel that their submission is wasted simply because they feel that someone more "popular" than them is going to get more votes. History has proven that this is simply not true. Sphelps is very UNPOPULAR and he has won several POTMS. lastlight is very popular (based on his post and reputation count) and he consistently loses POTM.